Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Since my daughter took my paint chip bookmark to use herself, I decided that it was time to find another easy bookmark to make for myself. I have been decluttering my craft supplies and noticed that I have quite a lot of fabric I was going to use and never did. These fabric yo yo’s are super easy to make and use as a bookmark.
Fabric Yo Yo Ideas – Easy Bookmark
Since it’s close to Mother’s Day, you could use this easy bookmark for yourself or slip it inside a Mother’s Day card. There are a lot of different fabric yo yo ideas include planner clips, gift card attachments, bookmarks or card embellishments. Once you’ve created a few, it really takes only a few minutes to make one.
- Scrap fabric. Enough to cut out a 4 1/2″ yo yo. That will give you a 2″ finished yo yo.
- Needle and matching thread
- Coordinating button or two
- Large size paperclip
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Small piece of cardboard or cardcstock.
- Cut the fabric circles into 4 1/2″ yo yo’s. You need one circle for each yo yo.
- Fold the outer edge of the circle in by about 1/4″ and then do a running stitch around the edge until you have gone around the whole circle. DON’T CUT THE THREAD.
- Pull the needle and thread slightly so that it gathers and the circle is created.
- Stitch through three of the gathers and knot to close the yo yo.
- Cut the thread.
- Attach a button or two to the center of the yo yo to create a flower. The button should cover the open portion of the yo yo.
- You can layer a smaller yo yo on top or layer a few buttons or even add a button and then a rhinestone to create unique looks.
- Cut a small circle out of cardboard or cardstock and glue it and the paperclip to the reverse side of the yo yo.
- That’s all there is. Your bookmark is done.
I can even use my bookmark as a planner clip for my (referral) Erin Condren Life Planner!