Last Updated on January 20, 2022 by ellen
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Grin with Grace
Author: Kathy Carlton Willis
Genre: Non-Fiction, Christian
Release: May 1, 2015
Publisher: AMG Publishers
Have you ever felt the need to bite your tongue or grit your teeth? Grin with Grace explores ways to smile genuinely in the face of adversity and challenging circumstances. Sometimes, we just need to grin with grace! God blesses us with His grace, and it impacts our relationship with Him and with others.
Each chapter features five sections:
• Grin with Grace contains real-life stories and observations. You’ll laugh at the humorous confessions and wacky insights, and relate to Kathy’s transparent honesty. Be inspired to see grace in your everyday life.
• Grow with Grace features a grace word study. Kathy examines Bible verses and personalizes the meaning to your situation. Workbook prompts allow you to write down your thoughts as you read along.
• Go with Grace offers life application. Pick one action step and make it work for you, or pick all of them—but do something to live out your grace-walk.
• Give with Grace advances life application further, equipping you to become an instrument of God’s grace to others. You’ll be inspired to take what you’ve learned and give it away to others. This is when faith becomes ministry—when your focus expands to see the needs of others.
• Your Grin with Grace Challenge describes a grace-challenging scenario to give you an opportunity to exercise your newfound grace. It allows for speculation and judgment calls, to prepare you for the what-ifs that happen in life.
Grin with Grace by Kathy Carlton Willis
Did you ever really think about the word graceful. For many people when they hear the word graceful, they think of a ballerina gliding effortlessly across the stage. But, what graceful means, in this case, is handling situations with grace. What is grace exactly?
The dictionary says that grace is defined as the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings. For me, handling a situation with grace means treating it with kindness, love and tact even if it means biting your tongue and gritting your teeth.
Grin with Grace by Kathy Carlton Willis is a 7-week Bible study that will teach you ways to genuinely smile in the face of adversity and challenging situations. Each chapter features five sections:
- Real life stories and observations
- A grace word study with workbook prompts
- Life application and action steps to apply
- Inspiration to share your grace with others to meet their needs
- A grace challenging scenario to challenge your newfound grace
I have started many Bible studies in my life and many I don’t finish because I find them hard to apply to my life. Grin with Grace by Kathy Carlton Willis is different. In the introduction, the author tells us to give ourselves permission not to feel like we always have it all together. That spoke to me. She also reminded me that we don’t have trials or difficult days because we deserve them. We suffer trials because God loves us, and they help bring us closer to Him.
Grin with Grace by Kathy Carlton Willis has a very easy format to follow. She shares stories from her life and Bible verses and then gives us things to think about with places to record our answers. The Bible study is easy to follow and easy to understand. It’s written the way you’d talk to a friend over a cup of coffee one morning.
If you’re looking for a Bible study that is easy to apply and will keep you interested, I recommend Grin with Grace by Kathy Carlton Willis. I honestly found it inspirational. Keep your eyes open because I’ve been told in about a month there will be DVDs available as well!
Ellen is a of a 25-year-old son and 30-year-old daughter. She is Grandma to one adorable toddler. In what little spare time she has, she loves to read, watch movies, check out the latest toys, and play games.