Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by ellen
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you heard? Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 by Marvel Studios was released today! We absolutely LOVED the first Guardians of the Galaxy so everyone was super excited to hear that volume 2 was coming out. They’ve been pestering me to watch it since they heard I received this DVD for review. This post contains affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 marks the Studios first in-home title to release in stunning 4K Ultra HD format, providing consumers with the ultimate home entertainment experience with next-generation high dynamic range visuals and Dolby Atmos immersive audio.
Set to the all-new sonic backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, the film’s storyline continues the team’s adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos. The Guardians (Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Dave Bautista as Drax, Vin Diesel as the voice of Groot, and Bradley Cooper as Rocket) must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill’s true parentage.
And, this blockbuster sequel featuring the world’s favorite band of intergalactic misfits blasts into homes on 4K Ultra HD™ and Blu-ray on Aug. 22.
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
- The Making of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” – A four-part, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, done in the style of classic-rock album liner notes.
- Visionary Intro – Director James Gunn provides context on how he continues and expands the storylines of these beloved characters in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.”
- Guardians Inferno Music Video – Join David Hasselhoff and special guests for a galactic retro dance party.
- Gag Reel – Laugh out loud at all the hilarious off-script shenanigans and bloopers that took place on the set of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” featuring all your favorite Guardians.
- Four Deleted Scenes – Check out four specific scenes that had to be cut from the film, including two extended scenes and two deleted scenes.
- Audio Commentary – Check out a special narration of the film by director James Gunn, who guides fans through an inside look at the making of the movie.
All the features listed above plus four extra exclusives:
- Three Scene Breakdowns (Digital Exclusives) – We’ll reveal the anatomy of a few key scenes from the film. Discover the process in bringing these scenes to life. It starts with a doodle and the rest is film history. Audiences will be given the option to view 5-6 layers of specific scenes in the film. Scenes include “Eclector Escape,” “Gamora and Nebula,” and “Rocket and Ravagers.”
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! (Digital Exclusive) – Get an exclusive sneak peek inside the most anticipated ride at Disneyland
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!. We’ll dig into the concepts and inspiration, and talk about what it took to bring the most epic ride at Disneyland to life.
So, fans of Guardians of the Galaxy have got to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. We enjoyed it as much (if not more) than the first Guardians of the Galaxy. It was fun to watch, absolutely hilarious, and full of action. I really wish that more super hero films were like this one. A must see follow-up film. And, don’t forget to get the Blu-Ray or Digital Copy so that you can see the Guardians Inferno music video. Now, you don’t want to miss that!