Last Updated on June 5, 2022 by ellen
Do you know how to teach your child about balance? Math and science can be difficult concepts for many children to grasp. Check out these tips.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Teach Your Child About Balance
They’re actually difficult concepts for me to grasp sometimes too. When you’re trying to introduce your child to new things, it’s often easiest to use visual examples like Blaze and the Monster Machines that they can relate to easily. Blaze and the Monster Machines is all about AJ (an 8-year-old) and Blaze (the top racer in Axle City) that go on fun adventures together.
Many of the adventures they go on together use math and science to solve problems which makes this animated children’s television series ideal for parents who are trying to introduce their child to STEM activities (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). This engaging children’s television series can be found on Nickelodeon or Nick Jr and is intended for preschoolers.
Blaze, AJ and Zeg race back onto the screen for more dino-mite, S.T.E.M adventures in Blaze and the Monster Machines: Rev Up and Roar! available on DVD February 16, 2016. Blaze and his pals make their third DVD appearance in this exciting collection of episodes featuring new dinosaur and monster-truck friends and, of course, plenty of science and math knowledge!
Created by Nickelodeon and distributed by Paramount Home Media Distribution, Blaze and the Monster Machines: Rev Up and Roar! races onto DVD on February 16, 2016, for the suggested retail price of $14.99.
Blaze and the Monster Machines: Rev Up and Roar! DVD includes:
- Zeg and the Egg – Zeg is out smashing things with Blaze and AJ when he finds a tiny dinosaur egg. The three friends must embark on an epic journey across a prehistoric landscape to return the truckodactyl egg to its mother.
- Dino Dash – Blaze and AJ are playing with their friend Zeg when he accidentally gets blasted by a geyser into a faraway mud pit. It’s up to Blaze and AJ to save Zeg using an engineering design inspired by their new dinosaur truck friends to rescue him before he sinks into the mud.
- Gasquatch – When Blaze and AJ head off into the woods to find a missing ball, they discover and befriend a misunderstood monster truck named Gasquatch. Gasquatch and his new friends travel back to Axle City where he earns the love and respect of all the trucks in town by sneezing away a storm cloud.
- Dragon Island Duel – It’s the day of the Dragon Island Duel, a one-on-one race between Blaze and Crusher across tropical Dragon Island. Crusher cheats and sends Blaze away before the race, leaving AJ to rescue his best friend and bring him back to the starting line.
- SPECIAL FEATURE – Blaze of Glory Video Storybook
There are a variety of free Blaze games your child can play to reinforce the STEM concepts shown in Blaze and the Monster Machines: Rev Up and Roar! You can also enjoy a few of these activities to teach your child about balance.
- Gross motor skills like hopscotch help teach your child about balance.
- Hanger Balance Activity by Kids Activities Blog
- Balancing Pompoms and Pool Noodles by Learning 4 Kids
- Build a LEGO Balance by Frugal Fun 4 Boys
- Simple stacking games like balancing rocks or blocks
- Don’t slip off the snowflake by No Time for Flashcards
- 10 Ways to Play on a Balance Beam by The Jenny Evolution
- Play a balance game like Wonky by SAHM Reviews
- Hape BalanceBike Scooter
You may want to check out these Super Mario Balancing Games.
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She is Grandma to one adorable baby girl. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. In what little spare time she has, she loves to read, watch movies, and play games. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.
34 thoughts on “How to Teach Your Child About Balance”
Science and math are so often not courses of study considered for young girls and there is so much opportunity in the fields. Getting all children interested at an early age is so important.
I agree, Patty. These ideas really can help.
I actually find that a visual aid when learning something new helps me the most. It’s too bad that they really don’t use more visual aids to teach kids in school these days because I think that would help them grasp the concept tremendously!
Very true, Kayla!
I love these activites they are important
Definitely an important concept to grasp.
I would like to win because I have three young boys who would enjoy and I’d love the fact that they were learning!
My kids watch Blaze after school on the TV they’d love to have a DVD to watch ober & over again . Thats why I want to win
this looks fun..
I have a young nephew who loves anything to do with cars or trucks. Also I think this would be super for him to get more science and math knowledge.
I’d love to win for my boys. They really like this show-and although they only have a limited amount of TV time a day, I’m always glad when it has something they can learn from on it!
My nephew would love it.
I would love to win this for my nephews! They love trucks & cars & would really enjoy this!
I would like to win this for my almost- 5 year old!
My son loves Blaze!
My daughter loves this show!!
my son would enjoy this dvd
I want to win this nice DVD for my grandson, we would watch it together.
I commented on this non-giveaway post; Bridge of Spies Review-
My son LOVES this show, and I like watching it with him. His eyes light up and we both have learned quite a bit about physics and trucks! Cute show!
I would love to have this for my grandkids. I would love to watch it with them. They love things like this.
Commented on the Survivor post. Linda Bradshaw
I would like to win for my grandchildren. Thanks.
i want to win because I have 2 crazy kids who really like Blaze and the Monster Machines! We watch everyday!
My nephew would love this
Would make a great gift for my Nephew.
My 3 yr old loves this show!!
I would like to win because I believe that my son, nephew, and niece would love to watch this movie together- family time is a big part of our family and a movie night would be perfect!!
Because both of our two youngest of our 4 boys are huge “Blaze The Monster Machine Fans!” They would be over the moon with joy to win ?
I would like to win this because my nephew would love it!
my daughter would love
I would like to win because my son would be super excited to discover this in his Easter basket.
This would be great for the little ones.
This looks like a really cute game, I love that it’s educational!
Comments are closed.