When I don’t feel well, I don’t want to do anything but sit on the couch and read or watch movies. Of course, I can’t just stop doing everything else. Meals still need to be made. Laundry still has to be done. There’s just to much work to be done for me to let being sick stop me. I have received product for this post. This post contains affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Tips for Feeling Better When You’re Sick
While you can’t make illnesses disappear, there are things that you can do to feel better when you’re sick. Sometimes, that’s all it takes in order to throw dinner in the slow cooker or toss a load of laundry in to wash.
- Stay hydrated. It’s so important to stay hydrated all the time but most importantly when you’re not feeling well. Depending on what you have, you may want to drink water, herbal tea or chicken soup. Stay away from dairy products and sugary drinks and opt for something healthy.
- Get extra sleep. I know. You have a lot to do. But, what you most need to do when you’re sick is to take care of yourself and get a bit of extra sleep. Grab your favorite stuffed animal and pamper yourself a little bit.
- Take a hot shower. Taking a hot shower can really help with congestion which will help you feel better fast. Plus, being in a hot steamy shower is almost always soothing. Don’t forget to put on some relaxing music while you’re in there.
- Go slowly. Yes, you have things you need to do but tackling heavy duty jobs when you’re sick won’t help. Instead of scrubbing the floor on your hands and knees, sit on the couch and fold a load of laundry. Give yourself permission to slow down and read a book when you don’t feel well.
- Treat your symptoms. Mucinex offers a variety of products to help treat your cold, flu, and sore throat symptoms so you feel better fast. Mucinex Fast-Max helps fight congestion and headache. The Mucinex Sinus-Max helps provides severe congestion relief. Mucinex Fast-Max Clear & Cool helps provide relief for cold, flu, and sore throat symptoms.
My son’s fiance has had a cold with congestion all week. As much as she wanted to stay in bed, she had to get up and go to work anyway. I sent her off with a box of Mucinex Fast-Max to help with her congestion and headache. The new maximum strength fast dissolving liquid gels help relieve headache and fever, control cough and relieve nasal congestion. Plus they are non-drowsy so she can drive to work using them.
Stock up on them now to make it through cold and flu season. You can find Mucinex products at your local grocery or drug store.
Join the Mucus Fighters to preview new products and receive valuable coupons and offers.