Last Updated on May 24, 2023 by ellen
Are you looking for egg decorating books? When I was little, egg decorating meant getting one of those boxes of Easter egg dye and turning a dozen eggs pastel. If I was really feeling adventurous, I’d use that little wax crayon to draw on the eggs first. I’ve experimented with homemade dyes and made some really neat decoupage Easter eggs but for the most part, we simply dye our Easter eggs different colors.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
10 Egg Decorating Books
There are so many different ways to decorate Easter eggs that I thought I would share ten egg decorating books to inspire you to try something different this Easter. Decorating Easter eggs is a fun family tradition. But, it’s not just for the kids. There are lots of fun egg decorating methods even adults will enjoy.
If you’re not familiar with the different types of egg decorating, here are a few definitions.
Ukranian egg decorating
For Easter, Ukrainians make pysanky which is Easter eggs decorated in the batik method using wax. You can find a few books below that will show you how to use this method when you decorate eggs. This is also called Pyansky egg decorating.
Fun egg decorating books for the whole family
- Artful Eggs: Six Dozen Extraordinary Ways to Decorate an Egg – With more than 70 amazingly easy decorating techniques, thereâ€™s no â€œegg-scuseâ€ for letting any egg go naked again, or waiting until Easter, because there are designs that work all year-round.
- Easter Eggs: 40 Fabulous Projects for the Whole Family – Give the Easter bunny a few good eggs to work with this year. Easter Eggs features 40 fantastic decorating projects from kid-friendly sticker-dyed eggs to festive egg garlands and elegant eggshell candleholders.
- Decorating Eggs: Exquisite Designs with Wax & Dye – Truly exquisite designs, intricate details, and brilliant color schemes come together in this new DIY book on decorating eggs. This age-old craft is given new life through gemlike color dyes and beeswax.
- Great Book of Egg Decorating – Easy to follow instructions Perfect for Easter time and to provide decoration all year round New decorative effects and ideas.
- Wax and Feathers: The Art of Sorbian Egg Decoration – With a couple of feathers, some old crayons, and a candle, you can turn a plain egg into a work of art! The Sorbian method of egg decorating is similar to other Slavic traditions.
- Great Book of Egg Decorating – Turn ordinary eggshells into works of art with traditional designs. For centuries, people have revered the egg as a symbol of life, fertility, and love. And, they have developed an array of artistic possibilities.
- Decorating Eggs (How-To Library) – Provides step-by-step instructions for decorating eggs with such designs as speckles, zebra stripes, and rainbows. And, it discusses how egg decorating became popular.
- Decorating Eggs: 15 Fun and Stylish Projects for Decorating Eggs – Decorating Eggs contains 15 fun and stylish projects to give as presents to friends and family or to decorate your home.
Pysanky egg decorating
- Pysanky Patterns and Designs – The art of decorating eggs has a Ukrainian history long antedating Christianity. But, it has become associated with Easter when adults and children indulge their love of design and color in spectacular painted eggs.
Folk painting ideas for eggs
- Painting & Decorating Eggs: 20 charming ideas for creating beautiful displays – An inspiring craft book full of imaginative designs to dress up the humble egg, with displays that aren’t just for easter, combining classic traditional folk painting with modern dyeing techniques and gilding ideas.
So, how will you decorate your Easter eggs this year? Here are a few egg-decorating supplies you might need.
- Stock up on egg sleeves.
- Learn more about Pyansky egg dye.
- Use egg display stands to show off your best designs.
Finally, for more spring and Easter fun visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Fun Spring & Easter Games for Your iPad or Tablet by Pretty Opinionated
- 5 Beautiful Spring Board-Books for Babies by My Kids Guide
- 12 Books to Help with Cold Climate Gardening by Day by Day in Our World
- Check out these fun Easter games for preschoolers
- Make vibrant Easter eggs
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She is Grandma to one adorable baby girl. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. In what little spare time she has, she loves to read, watch movies, and play games. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.