When I was little, egg decorating meant getting one of those boxes of Easter egg dye and turning a dozen eggs pastel. If I was really feeling adventurous, I’d use that little wax crayon to draw on the eggs first. I’ve experimented with homemade dyes and made some really neat decoupage Easter eggs but for the most part, we simply dye our Easter eggs different colors.
This post may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link.
10 Egg Decorating Books for Easter and Beyond
There are so many different ways to decorate Easter eggs that I thought I would share 10 egg decorating books to inspire you to try something different this Easter.
- Artful Eggs: Six Dozen Extraordinary Ways to Decorate an Egg – With more than 70 amazingly easy decorating techniques, there’s no “egg-scuse” for letting any egg go naked again, or waiting until Easter, because here are designs that work all year-round.
- Easter Eggs: 40 Fabulous Projects for the Whole Family – Give the Easter bunny a few good eggs to work with this year. Easter Eggs features 40 fantastic decorating projects from kid-friendly sticker-dyed eggs to festive egg garlands and elegant eggshell candleholders.
- Decorating Eggs: Exquisite Designs with Wax & Dye – Truly exquisite designs, intricate details, and brilliant color schemes come together in this new DIY book on decorating eggs. This age-old craft is given new life through gemlike color dyes and beeswax.
- Great Book of Egg Decorating – Easy to follow instructions Perfect for Easter time and to provide decoration all year round New decorative effects and ideas.
- Wax and Feathers: The Art of Sorbian Egg Decoration – With a couple of feathers, some old crayons, and a candle, you can turn a plain egg into a work of art! The Sorbian method of egg decorating is similar to other Slavic traditions.
- Great Book of Egg Decorating – Turn ordinary eggshells into works of art with traditional designs. For centuries, people have revered the egg as a symbol of life, fertility, and love, and they have developed an array of artistic possibilities.
- Pysanky Patterns and Designs – The art of decorating eggs has a Ukrainian history long antedating Christianity, but has become associated with Easter, when adults and children indulge their love of design and color in spectacular painted eggs.
- Decorating Eggs (How-To Library) – Provides step-by-step instructions for decorating eggs with such designs as speckles, zebra stripes, and rainbows, and discusses how egg decorating became popular.
- Decorating Eggs: 15 Fun and Stylish Projects for Decorating Eggs – Decorating Eggs contains 15 fun and stylish projects to give as presents to friends and family or to decorate your home.
- Painting & Decorating Eggs: 20 charming ideas for creating beautiful displays – An inspiring craft book full of imaginative designs to dress up the humble egg, with displays that aren’t just for easter, combining classic traditional folk painting with modern dyeing techniques and gilding ideas.
How will you decorate your Easter eggs this year?
For more spring and Easter fun visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Spring Books for Kids by Better in Bulk
- 8 Free Printable Easter Games by Gaggle of Gamers
- Fun Spring & Easter Games for Your iPad or Tablet by Pretty Opinionated
- 5 Beautiful Spring Board Books for Babies by My Kids Guide
- Herb Gardening Books by Upstate Ramblings
- 12 Books to Help with Cold Climate Gardening by Day by Day in Our World
Ellen is a busy mom of a 21-year-old son and 25-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. In what little spare time she has, she loves to read, watch movies and play games. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.