Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link.
Have you considered mindful shopping during the holidays? The holidays mean shopping for many people whether that’s for baking, a special dinner, a new outfit, or gifts for family and friends. Before you head out to the store or sit down at the computer to shop, I hope you’ll take a minute to read these tips.
What is mindful shopping? It is exactly what it looks like. It’s about being aware of what you’re buying and where your money is going. It’s about looking at the businesses you’re supporting. Here are a few simple tips to keep in mind during your Christmas shopping.
Don’t be Duped!
Learn to avoid marketing claims and differentiate between meaningful and meaningless food labels. Label guide that decodes what different labels mean and recommends what to look for.
Locally grown and raised food this holiday season to keep more of your shopping dollars in the local economy. Info on where to find higher-welfare products right here.
Stop Wasting Food.
Reduce your holiday grocery bill – and food waste – by purchasing the right portion sizes and storing leftovers properly. Check out the Good Groceries Guide on how to help people, animals, and the planet.
ASPCA Shop With Your Heart website, which includes a plethora of resources on how to find more healthy and humane food options.
Demand more from your food! Join the ASPCA #ShopWithYourHeart initiative and learn where your food is coming from.
Enter to win a special gift from the ASPCA. The Giveaway items include a variety of resources on how to have a more humane holiday, including:
- A handy back pocket label guide that decodes what different labels mean
- A wallet-sized brand list of products that have higher welfare certifications
- A “Good Groceries Guide” on how to help people, animals, and the planet
- An ASPCA Shop With Your Heart sustainably-sourced cotton tote for grocery shopping (this is a nice cotton tote – the reusable grocery bag)
- A Shop With Your Heart portable bamboo cutting board
- A Shop With Your Heart silicone grip oven mitt
- A Shop With Your Heart smoothie blender bottle with a shaker ball
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. In what little spare time she has, she loves to read, watch movies and play games. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.