Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by ellen
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m bored! Are we there yet? She’s touching me! Those are the sounds that I most remember from our summer vacation car trips. I’ve discovered that the key to keeping peace in the back seat is to keep the kids occupied so they don’t annoy each other (or us). These are the best travel games for car trips that I’ve come across.
10 Best Travel Games for Car Trips
Travel games for car trips need to be compact to save on space. It also helps if there is a way to keep the pieces or cards from falling all over the place and getting lost. While some games work better for older or younger children, these are a few of my favorites.
- Hangman Take and Play Anywhere Game – The classic hangman game in magnetic, travel-size form! For 2 players, ages 5 and up.
- Trouble Fun on the Run Game – Plastic Game Unit with pop-o-matic dice roller and cover. For 2-4 players.
- Yahtzee to Go Travel Game – The classic Yahtzee game in a travel form. Ages 8 and up.
- Winning Moves Tile Lock Scrabble – Your Scrabble words won’t be slip slidin’ away, thanks to this board’s clever “tile-lock” design.
- Travel Scavenger Hunt for Kids – Kids love whiling away the miles searching for the objects found on the cards. Ages 7 and up.
- Melissa and Doug Travel Memory Game – These fabulous, travel-style games bring new fun and convenience to old family favorites.
- Travel Bingo – Four assorted styles include: Interstate Highway Bingo, Auto Bingo1, Auto Bingo2, and Traffic Safety Bingo.
- Travel Magnetic Chess – The classic chess game on a magnetic board.
- Zobmondo Would You Rather – Award winning travel version of the best selling Zobmondo Would You Rather Game
- Monopoly Fun on the Run – Tour the city for the hottest properties: sites, stations and utilities are all up for grabs. Invest in houses and hotels, then watch the rent come pouring in!
What are your best travel games for car trips?