Last Updated on March 11, 2023 by ellen
Learn more about Ancient Roads from Christ to Constantine from PBS. Learn where you can watch it and what’ the program includes.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have always been fascinated by ancient history and especially by how it relates to Christianity. Christianity has had such a huge impact on ancient history that you really can’t study history without including it.
Table of Contents
Ancient Roads from Christ to Constantine
First, the DVD begins with a journey to the historical places of early Christianity. This historical journey starts with the birth of Jesus Christ and the lives of the early Christians. The architecture and paintings you get to see in some of the earliest churches are just amazing.
Then, the narrator actually takes you to many of the villages mentioned in the Bible and walks you through many of the miracles mentioned in the Bible. I loved seeing the places these stories took place and hearing all of the stories again. It even included one of my favorite stories, The Good Samaritan.
So, Ancient Roads from Christ to Constantine includes two discs and has six episodes. You can watch them in any order you like but this is how they appeared historically.
- Birth of a Faith – This episode begins with the birth of Jesus Christ and takes you through the Holy Land while focusing on the stories in the Gospel.
- The Great Missionary – The Great Missionary is the story of the Apostle Paul and it focuses on how he brings God’s word to Asia and Europe.
- Age of the Apostles – Discusses the age of the apostles including how they are martyred for their beliefs.
- From Apocalypse to Heresies – You are taken to Patmos where John wrote the book of Revelation.
- Pagans and the Cult of the Martyrs – This is the story of Perpetua and a look at how Christians faced torture and death for their beliefs.
- Constantine – The story of Constantine the Great and how he tried to eliminate Christianity completely.
So, if you’re interested in the history of Christianity and how it impacted the rest of the world, you’ll definitely enjoy Ancient Roads from Christ to Constantine. I loved watching this show. I really feel like I learned quite a bit and look forward to seeing it again.
“ANCIENT ROADS FROM CHRIST TO CONSTANTINE” will be available on DVD on July 28, 2015. The run time of the DVD is approximately 312 minutes on 2 discs; its SRP is $29.99, and will be available for digital download. Buy it here.
Finally, you may also like a few of these.
Ellen is a mom of a 25-year-old son and 30-year-old daughter. She is Grandma to one adorable toddler. In what little spare time she has, she loves to read, watch movies, and check out the latest toys and games.