Last Updated on December 29, 2017 by ellen
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Since my daughter took my paint chip bookmark to use herself, I decided that it was time to find another easy bookmark to make for myself. I have been decluttering my craft supplies and noticed that I have quite a lot of fabric I was going to use and never did. These fabric yo yo’s are super easy to make and use as a bookmark.
Fabric Yo Yo Ideas – Easy Bookmark
Since it’s close to Mother’s Day, you could use this easy bookmark for yourself or slip it inside a Mother’s Day card. There are a lot of different fabric yo yo ideas include planner clips, gift card attachments, bookmarks or card embellishments. Once you’ve created a few, it really takes only a few minutes to make one.
- Scrap fabric. Enough to cut out a 4 1/2″ yo yo. That will give you a 2″ finished yo yo.
- Needle and matching thread
- Coordinating button or two
- Large size paperclip
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Small piece of cardboard or cardcstock.
- Cut the fabric circles into 4 1/2″ yo yo’s. You need one circle for each yo yo.
- Fold the outer edge of the circle in by about 1/4″ and then do a running stitch around the edge until you have gone around the whole circle. DON’T CUT THE THREAD.
- Pull the needle and thread slightly so that it gathers and the circle is created.
- Stitch through three of the gathers and knot to close the yo yo.
- Cut the thread.
- Attach a button or two to the center of the yo yo to create a flower. The button should cover the open portion of the yo yo.
- You can layer a smaller yo yo on top or layer a few buttons or even add a button and then a rhinestone to create unique looks.
- Cut a small circle out of cardboard or cardstock and glue it and the paperclip to the reverse side of the yo yo.
- That’s all there is. Your bookmark is done.
I can even use my bookmark as a planner clip for my (referral) Erin Condren Life Planner!
Ellen is a busy mom of a 22-year-old son and 27-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. In what little spare time she has, she loves to read, watch movies and play games. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat.