Last Updated on August 7, 2023 by ellen
Learn how to simplify life with kids with these tips. Find out how to live a more meaningful life with your family.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Simplify Life with Kids
If you’d like to live a simpler life and save money, keep reading for a few practical tips for a life with less stuff and more financial freedom.
Does it seem like your home is a huge mess with throw-away toys from birthday parties, extra plastic water bottles, and clothes that no longer fit? Check out these ways to simplify your daily life and create healthy boundaries for your family.
How do I balance my life with kids?
• Prioritize your time and energy – When you have kids, it’s important to make sure that you are using your time and energy in the most efficient way possible. Set aside some self care time each day for yourself and prioritize family time over anything else.
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
• Create a schedule – Having a regular routine helps keep everyone in the family feeling organized and stress-free. Creating a schedule for each day can help keep your family on track.
• Get organized – It’s easy to get overwhelmed with the amount of stuff that comes with having kids. Create a system of organization in your home and set aside specific areas or bins for their toys, clothes, books, etc. You may not need more space, just fewer spare clothes and stuff.
• Set limits – To simplify life with kids, it’s important to set limits on activities, toys, and other items that enter your home. Try not to get too caught up in the “more is better” mindset and focus on quality over quantity.
• Encourage independence – Teach your children how to do things themselves from an early age. This will help reduce the amount of time you need to spend on everyday tasks and give your children a sense of autonomy.
• Make time for meaningful activities – Spend quiet time with family members by engaging in meaningful activities such as playing games, watching movies, or reading stories together. These activities can create lasting memories and strengthen the bond between you and your kids.
• Get creative with meals – meals for a family can be consuming and costly. To things, get creative with simple meals like pasta and create recipes that are both delicious and easy to prepare.
How can I live a slower life with kids?
• Slow down and be present – When you’re living with kids, it can feel like you’re always running around trying to keep up. Make an effort to be in the moment and focus on what is happening right now. Simplify your life and find more peace each day.
• Take time for yourself – Find time for self-care each day, even if it’s only a few minutes. Taking time for yourself will help you recharge and be more present when you are with your family.
• Embrace the chaos – Children can bring chaos into our lives, but it doesn’t have to mean that we live in a state of constant stress. Kids bring joy, love, and a sense of adventure that can be embraced and enjoyed.
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
• Enjoy simple pleasures – There’s nothing more therapeutic than taking time to enjoy the things in life. So, make time for walks in nature, watching sunsets, or simply just cuddling up together on the couch for a movie night.
• Laugh and have fun – Life with kids can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be all work and no play. Make an effort to spend time laughing and having fun together as a family.
• Spend quiet time outdoors – Being outdoors has many benefits for both adults and children. Take advantage of the fresh air by engaging in outdoor activities like biking, playing sports, or going on hikes. Just a short walk can help eliminate mental clutter.
• Limit screen time – Disconnecting from technology is important for both adults and kids. Make time to turn off your phones and laptops and enjoy life with your family without any distractions.
What are 12 ways to simplify your life?
1. Declutter – Declutter your physical spaces, such as closets and drawers. This will help reduce the amount of time you spend searching for misplaced items. Reduce paper clutter. This will help you feel like you have more space in your home.
2. Minimize distractions – Unplug from technology and take some time away from social media or other online activities that might be causing stress or anxiety in your daily life.
3. Create a daily routine – Establishing a daily or weekly routine can help make tasks more manageable and give you time to focus on what’s important. Get the kids involved in making a routine for their own lives. If that seems too difficult, try a morning routine instead.
4. Get organized – Spend some time organizing your physical spaces and digital files, such as photos and documents, so that everything is easily accessible when needed.
5. Use a planner – Invest in a planner or calendar to keep track of deadlines, important dates, and tasks that need to be completed.
6. Simplify meals – Spend less time prepping and cooking meals by creating simple recipes with fewer ingredients or batch-cooking ahead of time.
7. Exercise regularly – Exercise can help reduce stress and provide an outlet for releasing pent-up energy. Make time to exercise a few times a week, even if it’s just going for a walk.
8. Get enough sleep – Sleep is an essential component of staying healthy and productive. Prioritize getting enough rest each night by creating consistent bedtime and morning routine.
9. Take breaks – Taking regular breaks throughout the day can help reduce stress, recharge your mind, and increase your productivity.
10. Make time for yourself – Find activities that bring you joy and make time to do them each week, even if it’s just for a few minutes at a time.
11. Connect with others – Spend quality time with family and friends, or reach out to new people who share your interests and passions.
12. Prioritize tasks – Take some time to think about what’s important and prioritize tasks based on their importance and urgency.
If you’re wondering how to simplify life with kids, focus on a few of these tasks for a simpler life. Finally, don’t feel like you have to declutter the whole house at once. You can take baby steps rather than trying to do all the things at once.
Ellen is a of a 25-year-old son and 30-year-old daughter. She is Grandma to one adorable toddler. In what little spare time she has, she loves to read, watch movies, check out the latest toys, and play games.