Last Updated on February 13, 2023 by ellen
Looking for bookmark crafts ideas? Check out this easy popsicle stick bookmark inspired by the movie Labyrinth. Try it today.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Bookmark Crafts Ideas: Labyrinth Fireys
OK so I am a HUGE Labyrinth fan. If you’re not sure what Labyrinth is, it’s a movie that came out in 1986 that starred David Bowie and featured a teenage girl who was frustrated by having to babysit her baby brother and wishes someone would “come and take him away right now” and they do.
“They” are the goblins and they take Toby, her baby brother, away to the Goblin King (David Bowie) who will keep him forever if she doesn’t find her way through his labyrinth in thirteen hours.
During the movie and her attempt to make it through the labyrinth, she comes across these creatures called the Fireys who want to take off her head and play basketball with it. Their heads come off but, of course, hers does not.
- Popsicle stick or craft stick
- Feathers – pink, white, yellow, and orange would match the best
- Google eyes
- Pink or orange paint to match the features.
- Paint the popsicle stick or craft stick and allow it to dry completely. I mixed two colors to better match the color of the Fireys.
- Glue the feathers on the top portion of the stick neatly so you can hide the bottoms with the google eyes
- Glue the google eyes on top of the ends of the feathers
- Allow to dry completely
That’s all there is to it. You can make a variety of these in different colors if you’re not interested in sticking specifically to the Fireys look. This is a great craft for kids or a fun bookmark craft for anyone who wants to stop folding the corners of their book to mark their page.
- Printable fish bookmark to color
- Fabric yo yo bookmark
- Paintchip bookmark DIY
- Free bookmark to color
- Animal crafts for toddlers
- Printable holiday bookmarks
- Painted rocks ideas
Ellen is a busy mom of a 24-year-old son and 29-year-old daughter. She is Grandma to one adorable baby girl. She owns six blogs and is addicted to social media. In what little spare time she has, she loves to read, watch movies, and play games. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.