Do you want to know why I love paper cactus crafts? I love them because I cannot manage to keep a real cactus alive. I do fine outside in my vegetable and herb garden, but most houseplants don’t last long. The kids tease me all the time that I killed the spider plant. I am not a house plant kind of girl. I received product for this post. This post contains affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
You may also like:
Paper Cactus Crafts
You don’t need to be a rock star crafter to manage this craft. It can easily be done by adults or kids. And, since it’s back to school time, chances are you have stocked up on all of these Elmer’s products already. If you haven’t, now is the time.
- One sheet of large craft or black paper
- 1 sheet of any pastel-colored paper
- The box template
- The cacti template
- markers or crayons to decorate the cactus
- Elmer’s Re-Stick Glue Stick
Creativity for Kids Cactus RocksWashi tape set – new leaf – value pack – DIY – packaging – decorative tape – apple farm – raspberry – cactus – Love My TapesZhi Jin 10pcs/Set Cute Wooden Clip Pegs Clothespins for Photo Album Postcard Note Paper Decor Clamp with Rope and 2Pcs Non-trace hooks, Cactus
- First, cut out the box template and trace it onto the craft or black paper.
- Cut the box out of that paper and assemble your plant’s pot by folding along the lines.
- Cut out the cacti template and trace onto your colored paper of choice.
- Be sure to cut along the edges and the interior dotted lines.
- Slide the cacti template with the center slit into the other piece.
- Use the Elmer’s Re-Stick Glue Stick to glue your cute little cacti into your pot.
- Don’t be afraid to move your paper around and replace it if you don’t like the original placement.
So, this is a simple paper craft you can do for fun or as a project with the kids. And, make sure you use the Elmer’s Re-Stick Glue Stick so you can adjust your cactus until the placement is just perfect.
Look for Elmer’s Disappearing Purple Liquid Glue at retailers in your area for the retail price of $0.99 to $3.99. Elmer’s Re-Stick Glue Stick can be found for $1.29 to $35.99. Follow Elmer’s on Facebook for more fun craft ideas. All of Elmer’s products are safe, non-toxic, and washable.