July 4th is almost here and that leaves me looking for some fun family entertainment. While we spend time outside, it’s nice to have a few backup inside options as well in case of rain or bad weather. Patriotic board games are fun for the entire family and work for great July 4th entertainment or just for a little educational fun.
This post may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link.
Patriotic Board Games
I’ve always been fascinated by our country’s history and my husband and I enjoy historical movies and patriotic board games like these:
- Memoir ’44 – A unique historical game from Days of Wonder where players face off in dozens of WWII battles using plastic army men on an large hex game board. Each battle duplicates the historical terrain, placement of troops and objectives of each army. Players deploy forces through a variety of command cards using the skills of his units – infantry, paratroopers, tanks, artillery, commandos and resistance fighters – to its greatest strength. Great strategic card game for ages 12 and up.
- Our America – Learn about the history, heroes and heritage of the USA as you play. Our America challenges how much you know about America’s geography, history, culture, and much more. You can answer questions from various topics such as, authors, heroes, villains, history, movies, wars, monuments, artists, inventors and music. Intended for ages 8 and up.
- Timeline: American History -Timeline: America History is fun and educational. Players have hands of cards and take turns attempting to place the cards correctly into the growing timeline. This game will test your knowledge and help you learn the history of the nation. Great for ages 8 and up.
- Lewis & Clark Board Game – Take on the role of a team of explorers tasked by President Thomas Jefferson to chart the American West. Befriend the natives, live off the resources the land provides and be the first to set up camp on the Pacific coast. Intended for ages 14 and up.
- Brain Quest States Game – The object of this activity is to guess the U.S. states quickly in order to win. This game encourages learning geography. Players will enjoy racing around the United States map and collecting state flags by answering questions. A fun game for ages 8 and up.
- Modern Revolution – How well do you know the U.S. Constitution? Players answer trivia questions and roll dice to collect Constitution “points.” Features three game modes—Bill of Rights, Amendment, and Constitutional—and an optional twist. Includes two 50-card decks, pawns, dice, instructions, and board. Intended for ages 10 and up.
These fun patriotic board games will liven up any party and keep your family and your guests learning and having fun.
For more fun patriotic entertainment ideas visit a few of my favorite bloggers.
- Best Family Movies to Watch on the 4th of July by Our Family World
- Summer Reading Across the US by Pretty Opinionated
- Outdoor Games to Play at Your 4th of July BBQ by Mom Does it All
- Games for Canadians by Gaggle of Gamers
- Top 10 US History Movies by Upstate Ramblings
- Popular Patriotic Songs for 4th of July Parties by Mom on the Side
- Patriotic Movies to Enjoy at Home by Day by Day in Our World
- Patriotic Picture Books by Better in Bulk
Ellen is a busy mom of a 21-year-old son and 25-year-old daughter. She owns 5 blogs and is addicted to social media. In what little spare time she has, she loves to read, watch movies and play games. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat.